Founded on April 27, 2009 by CIBC Mellon, Northern Trust, RBC I&TS and State Street, CASLA, the Canadian Securities Lending Association, is an incorporated, not-for-profit association. CASLA was created with a mission of ensuring the long-term viability of the Canadian securities lending industry by establishing a unified voice. Our membership includes over 20 firms in Canada and the U.S. across broker-dealers, asset managers, custodial banks, prime brokers, law firms and technology providers.
This broad spectrum of direct and indirect industry representatives has fostered a greater and more robust range of expertise and perspectives. The breadth and depth of CASLA continues to serve our members through working groups, industry guidance, consultations and our signature annual Conference https://canseclend.com/events/
CASLA’s unique organizational model provides its members with a strong foundation for the ongoing development of the Canadian securities lending market. We look forward to continuing our work the industry and our members so that they can capitalize on the opportunities and tackle the challenges presented by ESG, technology, diversity, crypto, Blockchain and more.
CASLA aims to:
- Enhance the public’s understanding of securities lending and the role it plays in Canada
- Develop strong linkages with similar global trade associations
- Provide a forum to share and exchange ideas, information as well as best practices across the industry
- Work with regulators and other industry associations to ensure an efficient and secure marketplace
- Advocate for the common interests of our members and be an agent of change for technological progression to deliver substantial benefits as well as create a ‘best-in-class’ operating environment.
Other securities lending associations around the world include the Australian Securities Lending Association (ASLA), International Securities Lending Association (ISLA) in Europe, Pan Asian Securities Lending Association (PASLA), the Risk Management Association (RMA) and the South African Securities Lending Association.
Click HERE to inquire about the benefits of becoming a member of CASLA.